Tow Dolly with Surge Drum Brakes
Traveling with an RV throughout the country without a vehicle can limit the adventure of a trip. Common problem RV owners face after purchasing there Dream RV is debating whether or not to bring along a vehicle. A vehicle expands the journey of a trip, reaching places RV’s could not or have complication getting to. Debating on what towing system to use may be a bit complicated, from a variety of tow rigs in the market Tow Smart Trailers has nailed down the reasons why towing with a car tow dolly is the most convenient inexpensive choice.
Benefits towing with a hydraulic surge brake car tow dolly
Towing with a tow dolly with surge brakes prevents wear and stress on your RV. THE Self-contained braking system allows this dolly to be used with any RV, SUV, OR TRUCK while efficiently providing smooth braking. The term Surge Brakes is commonly used to interpret how a Hydraulic Actuator absorbs the inertial given at the time of a stop which then transfers the DOT 3 brake fluid to the two 10” Drum brakes. All of course without the assistance of auxiliary controllers.
Car Tow dolly is equipped with the highest sought after braking system in the market. The Hydraulic Surge drum brake system makes a car tow dolly stop frequently whenever your tow vehicle stops. How does it function? The Surge brake system works by the given inertia absorb at the time of braking. This inertia transfers onto the self-contained actuator which pushes Dot 3 brake fluid into the drum brakes providing instant braking! No need for controllers or additional
Assembly is required if shipped, Assembly will consist of 2-3 hours, Bleeding of brakes will be necessary to ensure proper braking.
Straps, Title, Vin Number are included
TOW DOLLY/ Surge Brakes Features
- The Tow Dolly will haul small, medium, or large cars, trucks, and vans
- Durable Powder Coat Finish
- We use easy lube hubs, eliminating the need for disassembly of the wheel bearing for greasing
- Hubs are compatible with Bearing Buddy No. 1980A (not included)
- Our 205/75-D14 heavy-duty tires and wheels assure a smooth ride at all towing speeds
- Our fenders are made of steel- We use a factory molded, plug together wiring harness
- Heavy Duty Car Tow Dolly comes with a 1-year factory warranty
TOW DOLLY Specifications
- Overall Dimensions L x W x H (in) - 123 x 102 x 27 1/4
- 10" Surge Drum Brakes
- Tow Capacity - 4,900 lbs
- Heavy Duty Frame
- 2'' Coupler
- Powder Coat Finish
- 6,500lb Lashing Winches
- 12,000lb Rated Tire Nets
- Dual Safety Chain Set
- Heavy Duty Spindles & Cast Hubs w/ Easy Lube Hub
- Sturdy Steel Fenders
- 14'' Heavy Duty Tires
- DOT Approved Lighting
- Pre- Wired Factory Wiring Harness
- Electric Brake Capability
- LED Taillights
- Maintenance Free Teflon Pads for Easy Turning Pan
- Tire Size - 205/75-D14
- Tire Pressure - 65 psi - Cold
- Empty Weight - 475 lb
- Actual Cargo Capacity - 3,000 lbs.
- Maximum Gross Weight of Vehicle to be Towed - 4,900 lbs.
- Hitch Height 17"
- 79 1/2 in. maximum width
- 43 3/4 in. minimum width
1 yr Warranty
*Flat Rate Shipping To Terminal $349.00, Shipping only applies to the following states CA, OR, WA, NV, AZ, UT & ID. Due to Trailer sizes, trailers are shipped to nearest XPO LOGISTIC SERVICE CENTER or Business with forklift or Dock. Items usually ship 2-3 business days after purchase transit days range from 2-4 days. Please contact us for an exact shipping address for the terminal (562-788-0416)